Sunday, July 7, 2019

Cameron Boyce, Death by Sezure

Today we heard of the tragic death of Disney star Cameron Boyce.  He died in his sleep yesterday from a seizure. 

While my son was in the hospital May and part of June, he got to watch a LOT of kid TV shows, including "Jessie" and Disney's "The Descendents" (1 and 2).  We got to see Cameron in so many shows ... over and over and over. 

So when we heard of this young man's death, I struggled for air.  Death in his sleep.  Seizure.  Probably SUDEP. 

As the mother of an epileptic, I hate seeing news like this.. of what I dread.  I can only imagine what his family must be going through. 

How will I tell my son? How will he take it?

I sat down with him and as gently as possible, explained about Cameron.  That the news didn't report epilepsy or SUDEP but it probably was.  That this is exactly why I don't want him sleeping with too  many pillows.  Why I still check on him during the night.  Why I haven't slept well since 2011.

People need to know about epilepsy, and understand it is a killer.

Pass the word.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PWGR8M8

No comments: